So I thought it would be fun to contemplate which roles I would’ve most liked to play, IF I’d had the guts to try out.
Drum roll please…
10) Hodel in Fiddler on the Roof – We did this production my sophomore year. Sunrise, Sunset is one of those haunting songs that will never leave my heart.
9) Sandra Dee in Grease – A few not-so-nice girls in HS, nicknamed me Sandra Dee for my “prudish” morals, but I think I could’ve rocked that blond curly wig and those skin-tight pants!
8) Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady – The clothes, the hats, Audrey Hepburn, “I Could Have Danced All Night”, Lerner & Loewe!!!
7) Laurey Williams in Oklahoma! – I did costumes for this play my Junior year. Seriously, I could’ve learned French or flown around the world in the time it took to sew all those flowy skirts!
6) Titania - A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Okay, I admit, doing the make-up for this one was fun, but what girl doesn’t dream of being Queen of the Fairies!
5) Fantine or Cosette in Les Miserables – I saw this play on Broadway when I was eighteen. I guarantee if I’d seen it when I was younger it would’ve given me the courage to overcome my stage fright.
4) Nancy in Oliver! – One of my favorite musicals of all time, despite the grievous omission of the literary character Monks.
3) Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz- Best. Movie. Ever.
2) Lisle in Sound of Music - I’ve been singing these songs with my Mom since I could talk, and I’ve dreamed of being Liesl almost as long.
And #1 is…
1) Fiona in Brigadoon – Magic, Adventure, Romance, boys in kilts…need I say more? ;D
Your turn! :D If you could play a role in any musical production, what would it be and why?
In the first book of the new Doon Series, Veronica and her best friend, Mackenna, travel to Scotland for the summer in hopes of finding some peace. But the Scottish countryside holds a host of secrets—including a passageway to a mysterious land that appears to be a living fairy tale. In the land of Doon, the girls could have everything they’ve ever longed for … or end up breaking an enchantment and find themselves trapped in a world that could soon become a nightmare. Coming 8.20.2013 from BLINK.